The UN Human Rights Committee review of Sri Lanka has once again highlighted the vast disconnect between Sri Lanka’s promises to Sri Lankan citizens and the UN to improve human rights protection in the country and to tackle the grave reality of ongoing abuse and impunity.[ full story |Sangam
Articles & Analysis
- Critiquing Nationalism
- Status of SL Commission on Disappearances
- Jaffna International Tamil Research Conference of 1974
- Media Freedom in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka: Where Disappearances Served as a National Security Imperative
- Tamil National Resistance and the Limits of Sinhala Liberal Intelligentsia
- Compilation of all NESoHR Reports 2005 – 2009
- Deadly Alliances Against Muslims
- NPC CM Wigneswaran Letter to SL President
- The Indo-Lanka 13A
- A Garrison State?
- Rohan Gunaratna Revisited
- Why Tamils Should Know about the Indo-Lanka Accord (ILA) and 13th AmendmentVideo of Young Reporter at Uthayan
- MGR Remembered – Part 21
- Amnesty Briefing on Sri Lanka for ICCPR Review
- Radical Monk in Myanmar Pledges to Protect Global Buddhism
- ‘Island of a Thousand Mirrors’
While assistance has reached landslide victims of Meeriaya-bedda from the grassroots from different parts of the island, independent relief workers who have been assisting the victims of one of massive landslides in recent times complain lack of psychological counselling for the affected children and the adults. They also need proper temporary shelters and new lands for permanent housing need to be identified. “None of these has been forthcoming,” an NGO activist told TamilNet. In the meantime, the student community of the University of Jaffna, the Tamil National Alliance provincial councillors of the Northern Province, Tamil National Peoples Front and Tamil civil society representatives in the North have mobilised immediate humanitarian assistance from the people and sent their first lorry with supplies on 30th October.
Nov 02 23:49 Landslide victims in need of counselling in Tamil,..
Nov 01 23:31 Kurunakar villagers protest against SL death sente..
Oct 31 18:15 Unrest in Tamil Nadu following Colombo’s death sen..
Oct 30 15:04 Colombo sniffs at emails being sent to OISL from t..
Oct 29 23:14 More than 300 missing after massive landslide in U..
Oct 28 21:00 Waging struggle with self-respect amidst Delhi-Col..
Oct 27 23:35 UN urged to secure release of arrested eyewitness ..
Oct 26 17:16 Tamil Nadu CM urged to form foreign policy on Eela..
Oct 26 09:48 SL military steps up threats against OISL submissi..
Oct 25 23:28 SL military attempts to curb Nam-Theasam Tamil mon..